To main page
Our little site is about Orthodox life in Yahotyn (Jahotyn, Jagotin, Yagotin).
This town is situated in Kyiv (Kiev) region of Ukraine - an ancient center of
east-slavonic Orthodoxy (Kyiv Rus').
In this site placed information about churches of Yahotyn town and Yahotyn
district (includes many villages), its histories and holies; also about
different sects (mostly Protestant) and non-canonical "orthodox"
religious organizations ("Ukrainian Orthodox Church - Kyiv
Patriarchy") here. Site is mostly in Ukrainian language because in our
region near all people speak Ukrainian and this site is created for this people
at first. But in future we'll plan translate main information into Russian and
- Holy Assumption Monastery (village Raykivshchyna). Women monastery was
founded in 2005 by the decision of the Holy Synod of the Ukrainian Orthodox
Church. Mother superior - Nataliya (Bogodeeva).
- Holy Trinity Church (Yahotyn). Ancient church (XVIII) founded
by Hetman Kyrylo Rozumovsky (Kiril Razumovskiy) was destroyed by communists
in USSR. In 2005 rebuild was started by Ukrainian Government.
- Church of the Presentation (village Sulymivka), build in 1905.
Priest - fr. Sergiy Kiselev.
- Saint Nikolay Church (village Lozovy Yar), build in the beginning
of XX century. Priest - fr. Leonid.
- Saint Nikolay Church (village Panfyly), build in 1986-1991. Ancient
Church of the XIX century was destroyed by communists before World War II.
Priest - fr. Oleg Nasludov.
- Church of the Patronage of the Mother of God (village Lemeshivka).
Building is started in 2000. Regular divine services is started in 2006.
Building in progress. Priest - fr. Georgiy Boyko.
- Saint Panteleimon chapel (Yahotyn). Building is started in 2002.
Priest - fr. Georgiy Boyko.
- Church of the Patronage of the Mother of God (Yahotyn). Church is
opened in adapted building in 1992. Building of a new church is planned for
a long time and started in 2006. Priest - fr. Vitaliy Ivankin.
- Saints Peter and Paul Church (village Bohdanivka). Church is opened
in adapted building in 2002. Priest - hegumen Moysey.
- Holy Assumption Church (village Farbovane). Church is opened in
adapted building in 2004.
- Saint Archangel Michael Chapel (village Shevchenkove). Building is
started in 2007. Priest - fr. Georgiy Boyko.
E-Mail: dfk (à) ukr.net